Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What Kind of Automobile Insurance Do I Need?

If your car now has about 100,000 miles on it, you may question whether you need comprehensive and collision as well as the liability insurance.

Obviously, liability insurance is an absolute must, but you're at the breakpoint where collision and comprehensive may not be necessary. However, even a car with 100,000 miles on it needs the collision insurance unless you have enough cash in the bank to fix it in the event of a major accident. Remember, it's not much cheaper to replace a fender on a five-year-old automobile that it is on a one-year-old automobile, the costs are essentially the same.

Car Insurances Quotes

You might say, "well I can drive the older car even though it's banged up." And that's probably true to some degree, however, some of the banging may be so severe that you wouldn't want to drive it around. It might even be dangerous. Liability is a must, it's not for your protection, it's for the protection of the people you might hit.

Collision covers the damage on your automobile, comprehensive covers things like grit glass breakage. Comprehensive is probably one of the better buys in automobile insurance. You could do without it, but for what it pays, is usually worth the cost.

Remember also that if your medical insurance policy excludes automobile injuries, you need to carry some kind of hospitalization health plan on your automobile policy. Before you buy any insurance on your vehicle, check thoroughly.

When you buy a car, avoid buying your insurance through the dealer or through the lender. Shop for your own insurance. You can use the Web and shop one of the insurance evaluation web sites.

What Kind of Automobile Insurance Do I Need?

medical and biling donation

No comments:

Post a Comment